AUSTIN, Texas (Legal Newsline) - The broadest study yet of consumer litigation finance – money forwarded to lawsuit plaintiffs in anticipation of a victory in court or a legal settlement – found a “very complicated and circuitous” system in which some borrowers appear to subsidize others and the median interest rate exceeds 40%.
- Olympic Restaurant allegedly past due on credit payments
- Motorist sues another motorist for negligence in St. Louis court
- In cases involving police, evidence is key
- Appeals court rules for school district in mother’s unlawful-restraint suit
- Technician alleges Macon company violated overtime rules
Sign-up and get latest news about the courts, judges and latest complaints - right to your inbox.
By signing up you agree to receive email newsletters or alerts from St. Louis Record. You can unsubscribe at any time.