ST. LOUIS — A Franklin County woman is suing a gas company for allegedly failing to maintain its display booth in a reasonably safe condition.
Rebecca McNeill filed a complaint in the St. Louis 22nd Judicial Circuit Court against Laclede Gas Co. alleging that the defendants failed its duty to maintain its display booth in a safe condition that would not preset an unreasonable risk of injury to people.
According to the complaint, the plaintiff alleges that on April 22, 2012, she was lawfully in Forest Park at the St. Louis Eath Day Festival when a display booth collapsed on her head. As a result, McNeill claims she suffered head injuries, mental incapacity, trauma and medical expenses.
The plaintiff holds Laclede Gas responsible because the defendant allegedly failed to warn that the display booth was not in reasonably safe condition and failed to properly erect, assemble and secure the display booth.
The plaintiff requests a trial by jury and seeks judgment in an amount in excess of $25,000, costs incurred and other relief the court deems appropriate. She is represented by Shaun Falvey of The Bradley Law Firm in St. Louis.
St. Louis 22nd Judicial Circuit Court