Ameren Missouri accused of negligence in boy's electrocution

By Lhalie Castillo | Jan 8, 2018

ST. LOUIS — A mother is suing an electric box owner, citing alleged negligence.

Debril Word, as next friend of Dawaun Moore, filed a complaint on Dec. 28 in the St. Louis 22nd Judicial Circuit Court against Ameren Corporation, d/b/a Ameren Missouri, alleging that the electric box owner failed to properly maintain and repair its electric box.

According to the complaint, the plaintiff alleges that on Sept. 10, 2017 Dawaun Moore, the plaintiff's 5-year-old son, was playing in their front yard when he touched the defendant's electric box, and was electrocuted and severely burned. Moore suffered injuries to his leg that resulted in pain, scarring and disfigurement, and incurred medical expenses. 

The plaintiff holds Ameren responsible because the defendant allegedly failed to cover the electric box properly to prevent electrical shock, and failed to barricade and to provide warning of the existing danger.

The plaintiff requests a trial by jury; and seeks damages greater then the jurisdictional limits of the court, and all further relief that are just and proper. She is represented by Gary Burger and Nicole Gorovsky of Burger Law LLC in St. Louis.

St. Louis 22nd Judicial Circuit Court case number 1722-CC12043

Want to get notified whenever we write about any of these organizations ?

Sign-up Next time we write about any of these organizations, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.

Organizations in this Story

Ameren Corporation Ameren Missouri Burger Law LLC St. Louis 22nd Judicial Circuit Court

More News

The Record Network