ST. LOUIS – A couple claims the husband's mesothelioma diagnosis was due to his exposure to asbestos during his working career.

George Stevens and Janet Stevens filed a complaint on May 8 in the St. Louis 22nd Judicial Circuit Court against Ajax Magnethermic Corp., Certain-Teed Corp., Kelsey-Hayes Co., et al. alleging negligence.

According to the complaint, the plaintiffs allege that during George Stevens' employment beginning in approximately 1946, he was exposed to and inhaled or ingested asbestos fibers emanating from certain products manufactured, sold, distributed or installed by defendants. The suit states that on or about Aug. 17, 2017, he first became aware that he developed mesothelioma, an asbestos-induced disease. 

The plaintiffs hold Ajax Magnethermic Corp., Certain-Teed Corp., Kelsey-Hayes Co., et al. responsible because the defendants allegedly negligently included asbestos fibers in their products when adequate substitutes were available and failed to provide adequate warnings and instructions concerning the dangers of working with or around products containing asbestos fibers.

The plaintiffs seek compensatory damages of more $25,000, plus costs, interest and any further relief as the court deems appropriate. They are represented by Paul M. Dix, Todd A Neilson and Courtney Gregory of Simmons Hanly Conroy in Alton.

St. Louis 22nd Judicial Circuit Court case number 1822-CC00948




More News