Man diagnosed with lung cancer alleges Air & Liquid Systems, others failed to warn of asbestos dangers

By Lhalie Castillo | Dec 18, 2018

ST. LOUIS – A couple alleges the husband's lung cancer was wrongfully caused due to asbestos exposure.

Howard Collins and Linda Collins filed a complaint on Dec. 6 in the St. Louis 22nd Judicial Circuit Court against Air & Liquid Systems Inc., et al. alleging negligence and other counts.

According to the complaint, the plaintiffs allege that at various times during Howard Collins' work in South Carolina and other locations, he was exposed to and inhaled or ingested asbestos fibers emanating from certain products manufactured, sold, distributed or installed by defendants. The suit states that on or about Dec. 8, 2016, he was diagnosed with lung cancer, an asbestos-induced disease, and subsequently learned that the disease was wrongfully caused. 

The plaintiffs hold Air & Liquid Systems Inc., et al. responsible because the defendants allegedly negligently included asbestos fibers in their products when adequate substitutes were available and failed to provide adequate warnings and instructions concerning the dangers of working with or around products containing asbestos fibers.

The plaintiffs seek compensatory damages of more than $50,000, plus costs, interest and all further relief deemed just and equitable. They are represented by Benjamin R. Schmickle and Matthew C. Morris of SWMW Law LLC in St. Louis.

St. Louis 22nd Judicial Circuit Court case number 1822cc11785

Want to get notified whenever we write about any of these organizations ?

Sign-up Next time we write about any of these organizations, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.

Organizations in this Story

Air & Liquid Systems Inc. St. Louis 22nd Judicial Circuit Court SWMW Law LLC

More News

The Record Network